Former Barden Building – Grand Valley State
The building constructed in 1908, housed many different Detroit venues before being vacated and purchased from Waycor Development by Don Barden and named the Barden Building. The renovated structure contained approximately 10,000sf on multiple levels. The interior floor plans created a “Class A “office complex. The exterior was restored to retain the historical façade as created in 1908. This development became the “Home Office” for Barden’s many entrepreneurial enterprises, including but not limited to casino programs, cable TV and real estate ventures. Upon the death of Don Barden the building was purchased by Grand Valley State College to serve as the charter school main offices, serving the authorized charters throughout Michigan.